Here are the steps to becoming a sitter on Bubble:
- Download the app (Google Play or App Store), to create your account.
- Complete the 'Bubble onboarding portal' as prompted. This includes an identity check, a right to work check for non-UK passport holders, and a reference check.
For the identity check, we require images of either a passport or national ID card. We need you to upload three photos: one of your ID, one of your face and another showing both you and your ID in the same frame. These must be taken at the same time and we cannot accept older images.
Eligibility to work
We also may require eligibility to work verification if you don’t hold a UK passport. For this, we need either a visa specifying eligibility to work, a residence permit specifying eligibility to work, or settled/ pre-settled sitters for EU citizens (we cannot accept confirmation letters alone).
For the reference check, we require two written references from a colleague, employer or educator. We cannot approve your account without these, so it is important to notify your referees that we will be contacting them.
- These must be character references (not factual references) from people who know you in a professional setting.
- Please ensure that you have filled out all referee contact detail fields. We cannot accept references without a mobile number and an email address.
- We cannot accept references from friends or family.
- We cannot accept references from other sitters on the app.
- Misleading or illegitimate references will be rejected and lead to permanent removal from the app.
3. We will then review your profile and aim to approve your account within 24 working hours of your onboarding steps being completed.
4. Once your profile is activated, local parents can send you booking requests which you can accept or reject - all via your phone.
5. Payment is done via the app too - which is why we ask for your bank account details before you can accept a sit request.