As well as using Bubble to make ad-hoc, individual babysitter bookings, parents can also use Bubble to send “Regular Help” requests, if they’re looking for sitters on a recurring or block-booking basis.
For example, if a parent is looking for someone for a few of weeks over the holidays, or if they need someone to do school-pickup every Tuesday, they can use the Regular Help feature to find sitters interested in this type of work.
Here’s how it works:
- From the homepage (or when in the booking creation page), select the “Regular Help” booking option.
- Create your request, stating what you need and when you need it.
- Post your job to local sitters, who can then review the details and apply if it suits them.
- You can browse through applicants and, if you’re interested in them, you can Shortlist them. You can shortlist as many applicants as you want. Doing this gives you their mobile numbers so that you can arrange interviews much easier.
- When you’re ready to confirm the bookings with your favourite sitter, the Bubble customer service team will create all the individual sits for you in your app, making it extra-easy and convenient.
- How do I go about interviewing my shortlisted sitters?
When you're viewing the profile of an applicant, you can "Shortlist" them. At this point, it’s up to you really how you go about interviewing them. You can use their mobile number in the app to contact them, schedule a face to face interview or even a Skype call if you prefer. Whenever you’re ready to confirm your choice, just go into the app, select the sitter on your request page and confirm the booking in a tap.
- Do I need to pay the sitter for this interview?
That’s up to you, though we always do encourage parents to pay a sitter for their time. Much will depend on how long you want to meet them for, how far they need to travel and what they might be giving up work-wise to attend. Each scenario is different though, so we feel it’s best left to the parent and sitter to decide this between themselves.
- How do I pay the sitter for the sits we agree to do?
You pay them via the app. Once your bookings are confirmed, each sit within your job will be created in the app, and you’ll be free to edit, amend or even cancel each individual sit as you see fit. Once the sits are confirmed they’ll work like a normal sit on Bubble. The timer will track the length of the sit and you’ll be able to stop it and pay for it in a tap at the end.
- What if I want to change the details of the job?
It’s very simple to do this. You can either edit the details of your request prior to it being confirmed in the app, or once your sits are confirmed, you’ll be able to go in and edit each individual sit that’s been booked. As always, we always advise you to double check with your sitter first before editing the details of any job that you’ve created, just to make sure they’re OK with any new timings or dates you want to suggest.