As well as using bubble to make ad-hoc, individual babysitter bookings, parents can also use bubble to send “longer term” requests, if they’re looking for sitters on a recurring or block-booking basis.
For example, if a parent is looking for someone for a few of weeks over the holidays, or if they need someone to do school-pickup every Tuesday, they can use the longer-term booking tool to find sitters interested in this type of work.
Only parents who have the three or six-month bubble Plus subscription get access to this functionality.
Here’s how it works:
- From the homepage, select the “longer-term” booking option.
- Create your request, stating what you need and when you need it.
- Post your job to local sitters, who can then review the details and apply if it suits them.
- You can browse through applicants and shortlist up to three for “interview”. Or you can go ahead and confirm the bookings with the one you like right away.
- When you’re ready to confirm the bookings with your favourite sitter, the bubble customer service team will create all the individual sits for you in your app, making it extra-easy and convenient.
- Why can’t I see this feature yet in my app?
It’ll be for one of two reasons. You’re either on an old version of the bubble app and need to update it in your app store, or you’re living in an area where this feature is not yet live. We’re planning to offer this up everywhere across the UK, but for now, we’ve limited it to areas where we have our strongest supply of sitters. This is to ensure the best possible experience for the parents using it.
- How do I go about interviewing my shortlisted sitters?
When you're viewing the profile of an applicant, you can shortlist them and send up to three an interview request. At this point, it’s up to you really how you go about interviewing them. You can chat to them via the app’s messaging tool to either set up a phone call, face to face interview or even a skype call if you prefer. Whenever you’re ready to confirm your choice, just go into the app, select the sitter from your shortlist and confirm the booking in a tap.
- Do I need to pay the sitter for this interview?
That’s up to you, though we always do encourage parents to pay a sitter for their time. Much will depend on how long you want to meet them for, how far they need to travel and what they might be giving up work-wise to attend. Each scenario is different though, so we feel it’s best left to the parent and sitter to decide this between themselves.
- How do I pay the sitter for the sits we agree to do?
You pay them via the app. Once your bookings are confirmed, each sit within your job will be created in the app, and you’ll be free to edit, amend or even cancel each individual sit as you see fit. Once the sits are confirmed they’ll work like a normal sit on bubble. The timer will track the length of the sit and you’ll be able to stop it and pay for it in a tap at the end.
- What if I want to change the details of the job?
It’s very simple to do this. You can either edit the details of your request prior to it being confirmed in the app, or once your sits are confirmed, you’ll be able to go in and edit each individual sit that’s been booked. As always, we always advise you to double check with your sitter first before editing the details of any job that you’ve created, just to make sure they’re OK with any new timings or dates you want to suggest.