As well as using bubble to make ad-hoc, individual babysitter bookings, some parents* on the app are also able to send "Regular Help" requests, if they’re looking for sitters on a recurring or block-booking basis.
For example, if a parent is looking for someone for a couple of weeks over the holidays, or if they need someone to do school-pick up every Tuesday for a few weeks, Regular Help is tailored for this.
As a babysitter, if you want to receive these types of requests, all you need to do is ensure that the Regular Help booking toggle is turned on in your Profile section.
Here’s how the process works
- You’ll be alerted to a “Regular Help” request in your app (you'll see these under the Regular Help tab on the homepage).
- You can view the job details and apply if you wish.
- The parent can then either book you in immediately or they can opt to Shortlist you and other babysitters for interviews.
- At this point, you and the parent can arrange a chat or meet-up via the app’s messaging.
- If everyone’s happy, the parent will then go ahead and confirm the bookings in the app. bubble’s customer service team will then create all of the individual sits in the system, to save you both time.
*Please note: The Regular Help feature is currently only available to parents on specific bubble Plus plans.
- Once I’ve applied, can I still receive other job requests for those dates in the app?
Yes. Until a sit is actually confirmed, you will continue receiving other job opportunities for the dates in question.
- If a parent wants to interview me first, do they pay for my time?
This matter is best left to your and the parent’s discretion. The interview requirements (method, location, length and duration) vary greatly sit by sit, and what might be suitable in one scenario, won’t necessarily be suitable in another. We do encourage parents to pay for a sitter’s time when requesting them for interview – and often they are only too happy to. They can use the app if they want to create an individual booking for the interview itself, and as long as a sitter’s request is courteous and polite, then in our experience, everyone is happy.
3. What if I’m available for part of the job but not all of it, should I still apply?
Our advice is that if you’re not going to be able to do at least 80% of the job, then you may be better off letting the request go. When you receive a request, the app will tell you if a parent’s “timings are flexible”. When applying, you can also write a short note with your application letting the parent know what your particular limitations can be. They can then make their own mind up in terms of whether to shortlist you or not.
4. What if my availability in the app is “off” for one of the days they need me, will I still receive the job opportunity?
You will still get the request. Currently, a sitter’s in-app availability is not taken into account when determining whether they receive the longer term sit request or not.
5. If the parent and I decide we want to go ahead, do we then run all the bookings via the app?
Yes. As per our terms and conditions, please ensure all sits are run through the app. To make life easy, our customer service team will create all of the recurring bookings for you in the system. What’s more, the recurring sits will boost your profile significantly, and make you even more popular with other parents in the area.
6. Will I be notified if a parent chooses not to go ahead with me?
Yes. If a parent opts another for another sitter, you will be notified in the app. The parent is also able to inform you immediately if they do not wish to progress with your application. bubble’s customer service team are also on hand to encourage parents to confirm their intentions as quickly as possible with sitters who have applied.
7. Do I need to pay extra to get these “Regular Help” job opportunities?
No. This job feature is offered to all babysitters on the app as standard. We hope it’ll be another way for more sitters to win more work, from parents who can use the platform for a wider range of their childcare needs.