Signing up to Bubble and creating an account on the app is free for babysitters.
So that we can operate and continuously invest in the platform, a percentage of what the parent pays for their sit is payable to Bubble as a platform fee.
Below are some FAQs to help ensure our fees are clearly understood.
What are the platform fees?
For a full breakdown of the platform fees, go here.
Is the platform fee calculated including any tips the parent pays?
No. The % fee is only calculated against the actual sit amount (i.e. the duration x the hourly rate).
If a sitter refers a parent to the app, will a platform fee apply on the sits they do together?
No. When a sitters sits for parents who they referred on to the app (or parents who referred the sitter) no platform fees apply on the sits they do for them.
How does one become a 'super sitter'?
At the end of every calendar month, the app will calculate whether a sitter has achieved ‘Super Sitter’ status or not. A sitter gets ‘Super Sitter’ status when they’ve done 5 or more sits on Bubble in the previous month. A ‘Super Sitter’ rate is then applied on all of their sits in the following month.
For example, if in May a sitter does 6 sits on Bubble, in June they will be a Super Sitter and all of their sits that month will have the lower platform fees applied.
Do platform fees differ by City?
When Bubble is launching in a new area, we may charge a lower platform fee per sit. If so, these rates will be clearly communicated inside of the app.
How does a sitter benefit from doing all their sits on Bubble?
The more sits a sitter does on Bubble:
- The more reviews they get on your profile.
- The higher up they appear in search results and the earlier they will get sent new job opportunities.
- The more attractive their profile becomes - they get a ‘Super Sitter’ Badge on their profile, showing parents that they’re a popular sitter who is in high demand.
- The more socially connected they become to more parents around them - which is key for getting picked for jobs.
All of this significantly increases a sitter's chances of getting more work from new families.
Aside from this, the other benefits of using Bubble for all of their sits are:
- Cashless payment: They’re paid up to the minute straight into their bank account.
- Everything is tracked: All sits are tracked on the Bubble system giving sitter's increased transparency and peace of mind.
- Cancellation payments: Parents using the app have the easy option of paying sitters something when they cancel a sit - outside of Bubble, they don’t!
What do these fees go towards?
Bubble uses platform fees to cover the day-to-day costs of the platform, these include:
- Marketing: Getting more mums and dads signed up and posting more jobs.
- Profile verification: We pay for 3rd party ID checks which make a sitter's profile more attractive to parents.
- Payment Processing: Every time a parent pays a sitter cashlessly via the app, it costs Bubble ~3% of the sit value.
- Technology/App: Building, improving and maintaining the platform is expensive!
- Office & staff: We’re a small and super-dedicated team working hard and committed to providing an outstanding service.
Get in touch!
We hope this guide is clear but please don’t hesitate to drop us an email with any questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.