Trust and safety are of paramount importance to us and the thousands of parents and babysitters in the bubble community.
bubble is a marketplace and we do not vet (or employ) either the parents or babysitters on the platform. The app makes it easier for babysitters to receive job requests from local parents, however choosing which parents you interact with and sit for is ultimately down to you. No one is a better judge of the scenarios you feel comfortable with then you. Having said that, here are some guidelines aimed at helping every babysitter on bubble stay safe.
1. Review their profile: When you get a request in the app, you’re able to tap on the Parent’s photo to review their profile information such as a biography, whether you’ve any friends in common or other reviews left on them by other sitters. If a parent’s not yet written a biography, then feel free to message them in the app asking for more information up front.
2. Ask any questions up front: As well as additional information about them, take the opportunity to ask them questions about the sit requirements and the children you’ll be looking after. You could even suggest a quick phone call to help you get familiar - this is something parent’s really love in any case.
3. Don’t share your address: bubble does not share your home address with anyone on the app and it’s a good idea to keep this information to yourself if asked.
4. Pre-sit meetings: Occasionally, a parent may ask you to meet-up before a sit to help you both get to know each other. There’s nothing wrong with this, but you should insist on doing it during daylight hours and in a public place.
5. Not comfortable? Don’t do it: Ultimately, you are completely within your rights to refuse a sit request if you do not feel comfortable with the requirements or if the parent has not provided the information you require to feel safe.
And in these scenarios, fee free to email email@example.com to discuss your concerns.