There are currently two booking methods on bubble;
- Book Now
With Book Now, a parent posts their job requirements and the app then alerts nearby babysitters who can review the details and apply for the job. Parents then see a shortlist of babysitters offering their services, and confirm the booking with the one that’s right for them. It's particularly useful for short-notice requests.
This differs from bubble’s “Browse” feature - whereby parents send sit requests to specific babysitters, who are then required to confirm the sit.
Here’s how Book Now works:
- You made sure your Book Now “toggle” is turned ON in your My Profile section.
- You receive a push notification for a Book Now request.
- You quickly review the details and apply for the job.
- The app will send you a notification if the parent confirms the sit with you or if the parent chooses someone else.
When applying for a job, you have the option of writing a short note that the parent will see with your application. This is a nice way to add a friendly, personal touch to your bid.
Here’s a quick video showing how to turn on your Book Now toggle.
Some important points
- bubble caps a parent’s shortlist at 15 babysitters. So responding quickly to opportunities will be crucial.
You can find out how to check your notification settings here.
- Babysitters who respond quickly to requests and regularly keep their availability up to date will not only receive more Book Now requests, they will also get them before other sitters.
- Babysitters with well-written profiles, clear photographs, and positive reviews from other parents on the app are far more likely to be selected by Parents for the sit. You can find guides to help you out with this back over on the main menu.
New to bubble and want to start babysitting? You can download the app for FREE here.